MORI HOSSEINI, Chairman and CEO
ICI Homes®– a family of land holding, construction, master planning and development companies
Mori Hosseini is the Chairman and CEO of ICI Homes, one of Florida’s largest residential homebuilder/developers. Born in Iran, Mr. Hosseini was educated in London, England, where he received a degree in Aeronautical Engineering from Chelsea College of Aeronautical Engineering. He then attended Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University where he received both a Bachelor of Science Degree in Aeronautical Studies and Master of Business Administration.
Mr. Hosseini founded ICI Homes in 1980. Consistently ranked by Builder Magazine among the nation’s Top 100 homebuilders, ICI Homes has built thousands of homes and created some of the largest master development communities in Florida, markets including the counties of Volusia (corporate office headquarters), Flagler, St. Johns, Duval, Nassau, Seminole, Orange, Osceola, and Brevard. In addition to master development and homebuilding operations, Hosseini is involved in many other enterprises throughout Florida including a lumber company and a title insurance company.
Hosseini serves on several corporate, civic and public boards and associations. His affiliations include the following:
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees – University of Florida
- Chairman of the Board of Trustees – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- Board Member – Enterprise Florida, Inc.
- Board Member – Space Florida
- Chairman of the Board – Allstar Building Materials
- Chairman of the Board – Southern Title Family of Companies
- Former Chairman and Board Member – Board of Governors, State University System of Florida
- Former Chairman and Board Member – Halifax Health Medical Center
- Former Member – Board of Directors – International Speedway Corporation
- Former Chairman and Board Member – Pinnacle Bank
- Former Member – Board of Advisors – Hearthstone Path of Growth – CalPERS
- Former Member – The Florida Council of 100, Inc.
Recognized for his countless professional, industry, civic and personal contributions to the community and the nation, many honors have been bestowed upon Mr. Hosseini, including:
- 2020 University of Florida Golden Gators Transformational Leadership Award
- 2019, 2014, 2006 and 1998 Builder of the Year, ICI Homes – Homebuilders Associations
- 2018 Opening and Dedication: "The Mori Hosseini Student Union Building" – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- 2018 University of Florida Kelley A. Bergstrom Real Estate Center’s Hall of Fame Award
- 2017 Florida Association of Colleges and Universities (FAC&U) Distinguished Service Award
- 2016 Outstanding Philanthropist – Volusia/Flagler Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals
- 2015 Herbert M. Davidson Memorial Award for Outstanding Community Service – Community Foundation of Volusia & Flagler
- 2013 Doctorate of Humane Letters, Honorary Degree from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- 2011 BUILDER Magazine’s "Hearthstone Humanitarian Award"
- 2010 Glenn and Connie Ritchey Community Service Award – Council on Aging
- 2010 Volusia County Council, Volusia County School Board, City of Daytona Beach, City of Ormond Beach, and City of Port Orange, Florida, Proclamation: "Mori & Forough Hosseini Day"
- 2009 Spirit of Hope Award – Habitat for Humanity
- 2007 Home Builders Association – Inducted into the Hall of Fame
- 2007 Opening and Dedication: "The Mori Hosseini Center" – Daytona State College
- 2006 Ellis Island Medal of Honor – Entered into the United States Congressional Record
- 2006 Lou Fuchs Award – Daytona Beach/Halifax Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2002 Dedication: "ICI Center" – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- 2002 Declaration: June 6, 2002 as "Mori Hosseini Day" – Volusia County Council
- 2001 Community Leadership Award – City of Daytona Beach
- 2001 Salvation Army Leadership Award
- 1998, 1999, 2000, 2006 Recognition Award – Habitat for Humanity
- 1997 Enterprise Award – Daytona Beach/Halifax Area Chamber of Commerce
- 1994 Entrepreneur of the Year, Construction and Real Estate Industry – Ernst & Young/Merrill Lynch Florida
Hosseini, his wife and three daughters are longtime residents of Ormond Beach, Florida.